IIS v7 is included with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista. These are the steps required to install IIRF on either of those operating systems.
Installing on IIS7 – Vista or Windows Server 2008
To configure IIRF on IIS7, follow these steps:
1. open the IIS Manager. On Windows Vista, do this through Start…Control Panel…Administrative Tools.
Administrative tools in Windows Vista / Windows 2008
Selecting IIS Manger
IIS Manager in Action
2. If you would like to configure IIRF to be a “global filter” (applies to all websites and virtual directories), then, select the machine or server name on the left-hand side tree. This should be the top-most (root) node in the tree.
Install Ionic Rewrite Filfer for your server
If you would like to configure IIRF for an individual web site, expand the server node, and select the appropriate web site on the left-hand side tree. tree.
Installing IIRF for a particular web site
3. In either case, in the center-right panel of the MMC window you should now see a set of icons. One of them is labeled “ISAPI Filters”. Double click it. Your window should look similar to the following:
4. On the far right hand side in the “Action Pane” for the MMC window, click the top-most item, which reads “Add…”.
5. You get a simple dialog with a box for filter name and a box for the path to the Filter DLL. Type in “IIRF” for the filter name, and the full path for the DLL, eg, c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\IIRF\IsapiRewrite4.dll .
Adding an ISAPI Filter
Note: Be sure to allow the appropriate user read + execute access to this path.
6. Copy your ini file into the same directory.
The filter is now installed.
7. On Windows Server 2008, insure that the IIRF DLL is allowed to run: In the left hand side of IIS Manager, click Web Service Extensions. On the right hand side, right click the IIRF extension, and click Allow.
8. Note: If your OS is 64-bit, you must select “Enable 32-Bit Application” in the Advanced Settings on the App Pool, in order to let IIRF run.
*All information taken from the original site – http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IirfHelp/frames.htm *
Donate if you can as well. This is a great tool!
, Ionic Isapi rewrite