While ServerObjects has yet to update ASPmail for use on anything past Windows 2003, it is possible to get it working on IIS 7 / IIS 7.5. To get this to work you simply need to do the following. Please note you still need to have a valid copy of ASPmail 4 and your results may vary. That said, you need to do the following;
- Register the SMTPSVG.dll file from your install folder using regsvr32.exe.
- Create a COM+ application called ASPMail.
- Right click in the components folder and select New Component.
- Select the 2nd option, “Import components that are already registered”.
- Select the “32 bit registry” check box.
- Select the SMTPsvg.Mailer component.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Once you are done, ASPmail should work like it used to under Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 server. Keep in mind that if you don’t have a valid license this may not work. If you encounter the following error, then you may need to contact ServerObjects who may or may not assist you as the system you are attempting to install ASPmail on may (or is this case it is not) not be supported;
Tags: aspmail, IIS 7, IIS 7.5
This evaluation component has expired. Please register